5 Tips to De-Digitize Your Life
It seems more and more that we are always plugged into the digital world. However, it’s important to take a step back and enjoy the simpler things in life. Here are five tips to help you de-digitize your life:
1. Set limits. Examine your digital use and make realistic goals to how you will minimize it. Whether it is setting a time limit for social media use or watching TV, you can make it happen.
2. Live in the present. Life is to be lived and experienced. Your ability to live in the present can be halted by digital use. Put the so-called “digital weights” down and be present in the now.
3. Find new hobbies. If digital hobbies seem to be taking up your time, it’s time to replace them non-digital hobbies. Unplug by taking up reading, exercising or just chatting with a friend face-to-face.
4. Take digital sabbaticals. The digital world is a necessity but don’t let it take over your everyday. If your digital habit is out of control take a real from it. Even it is just for a day.
5. Enjoy life. Technology is advancing but don’t let it get in the way of enjoying what is happening right in front of you. So enjoy life, a simple but true concept.