5 Tips for Staying Healthy Over the Holidays
- Sub out Sweets For Other Treats - There are plenty of great substitutions for some of your favorite delights. Instead of the candied yams, how about going for some sautéed zucchini? A hot peppermint tea can be a great replacement for a white peppermint mocha. These tiny tweaks can make a big difference.
- Carve The Turkey, Then Carve Out Time for a Walk - After a big meal, take a leisurely walk to burn some calories off. Whether it’s through the beautiful hiking trails at Travaasa Austin, or around your neighborhood, a quick 30 minute hike can do wonders.
- Get Movin’ - Instead of just watching football with your family, during halftime go outside and throw the ball around. These mini-bursts of activity can help offset that extra helping of mashed potatoes.
- Everything in Moderation - You know the drill, but it actually works! The holidays are a time to enjoy, but don’t go off the deep end. If you want a piece of your mom’s apple pie, go for it! Just remember to savor it, and skip the seconds.
- Don’t Stress About the Slip Ups - Ok, so maybe you weren’t as strict as you planned-but don’t let that get you down. Instead of just giving up on eating healthy, make the decision to start again new the next day. Before you know it, you’ll have formed a healthy habit!
Happy Holidays from all of us at Travaasa! For tips on staying fit from our fitness instructor Jillian, click here.