Healthy Hawaiian Recipe: Shoyu Pineapple Chicken From Travaasa Hana
When visiting Hana, Hawai’i you will be in awe of all the beautiful scenery and breath-taking ocean views. While you can only take home pictures of the views and souvenirs to remember the beauty, we have found some ways to bring the island flavor to your every day with some key Hawaiian ingredients. Some popular Hawaiian ingredients include Shoyu (Soy Sauce) which can be used to marinate chicken and pork or even just drizzle over some cooked vegetables. Fresh Ginger is a popular ingredient in Hawaiian cuisine because it adds a refreshing and crisp taste to any dish. To finish off your dish at home, add some Pa`akai or Hawaiian Sea Salt.
What you need:
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, diced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 of fresh pineapple, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 4 crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger root, minced
- 1/2 of whole pineapple, cubed
- 2 teaspoons black bean sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Pa’aka (hawaiian sea salt) and ground black pepper to taste
- Combine the chicken, soy sauce, and 1/2 of whole cubed pineapple in a bowl. Allow chicken to marinate for 20 minutes. Remove the chicken from the marinade; strain the marinade in a colander, reserving the juice. Discard the pineapple.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the red bell pepper, orange bell pepper, mushrooms, garlic, and ginger. Cook and stir the vegetable mixture until the garlic is fragrant and the peppers begin to soften. Stir in the chicken and cook until the juices from the chicken run clear, about 15 minutes.
- Pour in the reserved chicken marinade, 1/2 of whole cubed pineapple, black bean sauce, and crushed red pepper; season with Pa’aka (hawaiian sea salt) and pepper; simmer 5 minutes.
Thanks for posting this informative article. I haven’t any word to appreciate this post…..Really i am impressed from this post….the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us.
The information and the detail were just perfect. I think that your perspective is deep, its just well thought out and really fantastic to see someone who knows how to put these thoughts down so well. Great job on this.
I am glad to found such useful post. I really increased my knowledge after read your post which will be beneficial for me.
I am very happy to find this blog.Thanks for creating the page! Im positive that it will be very popular. It has good and valuable content which is very rare these days.
Preparing a healthy chicken recipe is a really exciting task. There's another trick that you can do for marinating the chicken. Instead of marinating it for 20 minutes you can reduce the time to 15 minutes but you must also alter the mixture. You can warm the marinating mixture in low fire. Warm it for 5-10 minutes in a very low fire, just enough to make the mixture warm enough to mix well wit h each of the ingredients in the mixture. You can then use the warm marinating mixture to marinate the chicken. Just be sure that you did not cook the mixture but just warm it. The low heat inside the mixture will allow the flavor to infuse into the chicken perfectly. Remember to marinate the chicken at room temperature and not inside the fridge.