Healthy Recipe From Chef Ben – Farm Fresh Butter Lettuce Tacos
From our kitchen to yours, here’s a delightful little recipe from Travaasa Austin’s Executive Chef, Benjamin Baker. Follow these quick and easy steps to cook up your very own healthy, delicious Farm Fresh Butter Lettuce Tacos:
You will need:
- Portobello Mushroom (peeled and cut into pieces)
- Texas Pecan Pieces
- Finely Chopped Ginger
- Finely Chopped Garlic
- Sesame Oil
- Sherry Vinegar
- Local Bibb Lettuce Leaves
For the Farm Fresh Slaw:
- Red and Golden Beets (sliced and cut into strips)
- Fresh Jicama Root (sliced and cut into strips)
- Carrots (sliced and cut into strips)
- Farm Fresh Cucumbers (julienned)
- Sugar Snap Peas (julienned)
Prepare the components ahead of time:
- Lightly saute the portobello in sesame oil with a blend of olive and canola oils.
- Add a pinch of garlic and ginger.
- Deglaze with Sherry Vinegar and Tamari.
- Finish with pecans. Toast Pecans slightly and allow to cool until all ingredients are prepared.
- Assemble all ingredients into Local Bibb Lettuce Leaves and enjoy!