Packing For The Road to Hana
Road to Hana in lush Maui, you can probably attest to the fact that it is one of the most beautiful car journeys you’ve ever been on. And it’s even more enjoyable when you know that Travaasa Hana is waiting for you at the end of your trek. With over 68-miles of turns, switchbacks, and overhangs, the Hana Highway is an adventure in itself, and can be made that much better if you bring a few items with you. If you want to enjoy the endless scenery that includes magnificent tropical rainforests, vast cliffs, blue water and views that will literally leave you speechless, here are the top 5 items you should grab before heading down the winding road.
- Map/GPS With so many gorgeous turn offs and sights to take in, the last thing you want to do is lose your way. A GPS will help you stay the course, so you can maximize all the sightseeing that you’ll be able to fit in the day.
- Bathing Suit Pack a suit and towel…those majestic waterfalls can be pretty alluring, and you never know when you’ll want to splash around or take a dip in the beautiful ocean that seems to call your name the whole ride.
- Music playlist The perfect playlist will make your 68-mile adventure on the Road to Hana that much more enjoyable. While it may not be that long millage speaking, the drive can take upwards of 4 hours, so load up that iPod pronto!
- Snacks/money for treats A half-day drive will usually leave the average person hungry, so please pack some snacks. There are a variety of fruit stands along the Road to Hana that you do not want to miss out on, so bring some cash!
- Camera Pictures. You will regret not taking them if you choose to not pack that camera. For tips for snapping that perfect shot, click here.