Uncover your compassionate side with a meal that sustains the earth.
Uncover the energetic you that functions with lightness.
Uncover the synergy that begins with pairing simple flavors.
Quinoa, Cranberry and Edamame Salad on Kale
Write a review
- 2 C. cooked quinoa
- 1 C. reconstituted cranberries
- 1/2 lb. shelled edamame beans
- 2 tsp madras curry powder
- 1 1/2 cup orange juice
- 10 leaves kale (of your favorite variety)
- Grab 1 cup dried quinoa and 2 cups water
- Toast quinoa in a dry saucepan, stirring constantly until the faint smell of toasted nuts wafts into the air.
- Add 2 cups of water and a pinch of salt.
- Cover with lid while allow steam to vent slightly.
- Cook about 10 minutes, or until water is completely absorbed.
- Allow quinoa to cool before adding ingredients (spread on a cooking sheet to cool rapidly).
Reconstituting Dried Cranberries
- Take 1 cup dried cranberries and 1 1/2 cup orange juice
- Simmer cranberries in orange juice until all liquid is absorbed. Cranberries should be plump and flavorful. Allow Cranberries to cool before adding to quinoa (spread on a cooking sheet to cool rapidly).
Thawing Edamame Beans
- Place 1/2 pound of shelled edamame beans in colander and thaw under running water.
- Fold into quinoa, and cranberry mixture.
Cleaning Kale leaves
- Rinse each leave well to ensure no dirt is hiding in the curls and folds of the leaves.
- Stack leaves on top of each other and slice into ribbons.
- Lay kale down onto two plates. Add a generous amount of the salad. Enjoy!
- Recipe Provided By
- Chef Ben Baker
- Executive Chef
- Travaasa Experiential Resorts
Travaasa Blog http://www.travaasa.com/blog/