- Seared Summer Scallops with Low-Fat Crawfish Étouffée2013-10-02 18:37:43Try this healthy take on a classic southern favorite.Write a reviewIngredients
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 large onion
- 3 bell peppers
- 3 stalks celery
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 3 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 lb. Louisiana crawfish tails cleaned
- 2 cups non fat greek yogurt
- Warm water – to desired consistency
- Salt – Pepper – Tabasco sauce to taste
- 6 -10 Scallops
- 2 ears of corn
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 cup cream
- Start with butter and sauté the diced vegetables. Allow for vegetables to cook down and develop the base flavors.
- Add flour and cook for 2 minutes stirring often.
- Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes stirring often.
- Add cleaned crawfish tails and allow tails to come up to temp.
- Turn off heat and stir in non fat greek yogurt.
- Add a little warm water to thin mixture.
- Season with Salt and pepper, and Tabasco Sauce to taste.
FOR CORN CREAM
- Pat Scallops dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Add a little oil to pan and bring to smoke point.
- Place scallops seasoned side down and sear until golden brown crust develops.
- Turn over in pan and sear for a minute more for medium rare, or longer if a higher temp is desired.
- Roast jalapeno until charred and tender.
- Remove corn from Cob and blend with charred jalapeno (remove seed for less heat).
- Add to cream in a sauce pot and reduce.
Travaasa Blog http://www.travaasa.com/blog/
- Serve with assorted grilled summer vegetables. Enjoy your delightful summer meal!