Five Tips for Making the Most Out of your Hana Vacation
With stunning, remote beaches and untouched wildlife, Hana, Maui is the ideal getaway for those interested in a truly enriching and authentic Hawaiian experience. Here are tips on how you can make the most out of your journey to the last undeveloped tropical paradise on Maui.
- Rent a car for the 52-mile trip on the Road to Hana. The journey to Travaasa Hana can be just as memorable the destination. Stop and stretch your legs on a hike to Twin Falls or walk on Honokalani Black Sand Beach in Waianapanapa State Park.
- Make sure you pack plenty of sunscreen and beachwear so you can bask in the sunshine at one of Hana’s world-class, secluded beaches. Enjoy the solitude of Hana’s Red Sand Beach with a good book or rent complimentary snorkeling equipment and head to Hana Bay to swim with multitudes of colorful reef fish.
- Make reservations ahead of time to venture through the untouched beauty of Kahanu Garden. In addition to the untamed beauty of the botanic backdrop, the garden is home to one of Hawaii’s most treasured pieces of history. The Pi’ilanihale temple is a registered National Historic Landmark, and is believed to be the largest man-made, pre-Western structure in all of Polynesia.
- Make it a point to learn about the local culture by planning an authentic Hawaiian experience. Enjoy a lesson in hula, called kumu, with one of our experienced guides. Learn different traditional Hawaiian lei-making techniques using Plumeria blooms, Kukui nuts and Ti leafs. Guests at Travaasa Hana can also enjoy Hawaiian “throw net” as well as ukulele lessons.
- Take advantage of the health and wellness experiences at Travaasa Hana. Attend a smoothie-making class to learn about the health benefits of juicing before a taking a rejuvenating yoga class to awaken your body and spirit.