Dry Skin Remedies to Get Your Through the Winter
Posted on 11/12/2013
With the change of seasons and much cooler temperatures of winter comes the-ever-dreaded dry and itchy skin. Never fear, our spa experts our here to solve all your dry-skin woes with these daily remedies:
- The heaters in our cars and houses are very drying to the skin, use a humidifier to put moisture back into the air.
- Licking your lips makes them drier! Keep a lip balm in your purse or close at hand to soothe dry cracked lips.
- Use a hydrating cleanser for face and body.
- At night use an oil based moisturizer or seed oil capsules to protect your skin from moisture loss.
- Exfoliate your face and body once or twice a week to remove dry, dead skin cells.
- Moisturize your face and body within 2-3 minutes of getting out of the shower or bath while your skin is still damp.
- Never forget, sunscreen is still important in the winter!