Health Tips: A Lemon a Day Can Go A Long Way
Posted on 12/20/2013
Fighting off colds in the winter is hard to do, but if you start with hot water with lemon juice each morning, you will be doing yourself a lot of good!
Here are a few of the reasons to sip on these hot beverage:
- It strengthens the immune system, thanks to vitamin C.
- Potassium contained in it stimulates brain, nervous system and controls blood pressure. So it helps your body and mind to relax.
- It encourages your liver to produce acids required for digestion, helping to clean it of toxins.
- It cleanses the skin, and even more, reduces wrinkles. A natural antiseptic contained in lemon helps to treat skin problems.
- Lemon refreshes morning breath.
- It helps with coughs and breathing problems.
- It cleanses intestines from the remaining food from the previous day.
- It provides vitamins and minerals.
- It helps to treat stomach problems such as nausea, heartburn, bloating, constipation.
So what are you waiting for? Drink up!