Health Tips: A Lemon a Day Can Go A Long Way
Posted on 12/20/2013
Fighting off colds in the winter is hard to do, but if you start each morning off with hot water and lemon juice, you’ll help your body make it through!
Here are a few of the reasons to sip on this hot beverage:
- It strengthens the immune system, thanks to vitamin C.
- Potassium contained in it stimulates brain, nervous system and controls blood pressure. So it helps your body and mind to relax.
- It encourages your liver to produce acids required for digestion, helping to clean it of toxins.
- It cleanses the skin, and even more, reduces wrinkles. A natural antiseptic contained in lemon helps to treat skin problems.
- Lemon refreshes morning breath.
- It helps with coughs and breathing problems.
- It cleanses intestines of the remaining food from the previous day.
- It provides vitamins and minerals.
- It helps to treat stomach problems such as nausea, heartburn, bloating, constipation.
So what are you waiting for? Drink up!