Healthy Dessert Recipes: White Chocolate Holiday Bark
Posted on 11/21/2012
This heart-healthy treat is packed with antioxidants and tastes just as great!
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup oven-toasted rice cereal
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 ½ lbs high-quality white chocolate, chopped
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Spread the sliced almonds and the unsweetened coconut in an even layer on the baking sheet. Toast 5-8 minutes or until coconut just begins to brown. Remove baking sheet from the oven, and let cool.
3. In a large bowl, combine almonds, coconut, rice cereal, and dried cranberries. Reserve about ¼ cup of the mixture, and set aside.
4. Place chopped white chocolate and 2 teaspoons vegetable oil in a large heatproof bowl, and set over a medium saucepan of simmering water. Stir with a spatula until the chocolate is completely melted.
5. Remove the chocolate from heat, and fold in the almond mixture. Spread mixture evenly on parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle on the reserved ¼ cup topping. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes or until the chocolate has completely set. Break the bark into small pieces, and serve.