Resolution Solution: Eat Healthier
Posted on 12/07/2012
One of the most popular New Year’s resolutions is to try and eat healthier. While it’s a great change to make in your life, it can be hard. Try these tips to make a healthy change in your lifestyle.
- Drinks lots of water – Perhaps the most important step to eating healthier, water is important. Water makes you feel fuller and aids digestion. Often when you think you’re hungry, you’re really just thirsty (but stay away from the soda).
- Be open to new foods – Even though many of the foods you probably love are healthy, it’s good to be open to new foods too. Bland foods can be made more exciting with spices and herbs. You never know- you may find your new favorite food.
- Don’t skip breakfast – Many times people don’t feel the need for breakfast or don’t feel hungry early in the morning. If you skip breakfast, it’s easier to overeat at lunch to compensate. Remember that a small breakfast is better than no breakfast at all.
- Practice moderation – Giving up your favorite chocolate cake isn’t the whole solution to eating healthier. It’s okay to have your favorite food if you eat a small amount of it instead of the whole plate. Try to vary your diet so you eat some of everything.
- Slow down – It can take a few minutes for your stomach to tell your brain that it’s full. If you eat slowly and start feeling satisfied, that way you haven’t consumed too much extra.