TRAVAASA® AUSTIN FACT SHEET
Address: Travaasa® Austin
13500 Farm to Market Rd. 2769
Austin, TX 78726
Opening Date: April 14, 2011
Telephone: 855.TO.TRAVAASA (855.868.7282), or locally 512. 493 3668
General Manager: Tim Thuell
Senior Director of Spas: Maggie Wagner
Executive Chef: Benjamin Baker
Food & Beverage Manager: Nik Fioretti
Director of Guest Services: Kristine Huffman
Director of Group Sales: Amy Harris
Redevelopment Architects/Designers: Johnson & Braund
Property Profile/Setting: Located in Hill Country only 25 minutes from one of Texas’s most iconic cities, Travaasa® Austin is nestled against 210 acres of the Balcones Canyonlands Preserve, overlooking beautiful Lake Travis. Travaasa® Austin boasts 70 guestrooms tucked into a low-key campus-style layout, allowing resort guests to soak in the natural habitat in an unobtrusive setting. The property includes horse stables, a challenge course designed in partnership with Outward Bound, a fitness center and yoga studio, an infinity-edge pool, a beautifully appointed dining area with outdoor patio and exhibition kitchen, a tranquil 11-room spa and gracious accommodations. Travaasa® Austin opened on May 5, 2011.
Rooms: Travaasa® Austin includes seven lodges with 70 guestrooms, scattered along meandering paths with rich, indigenous vegetation. The property décor features contemporary Western finishes and provides a comfortable, relaxing retreat. Well appointed accommodations all feature Eastern exposures, with unobstructed views from every room. All rooms have queen-sized beds (many with two queen beds), organic cotton comforters and linens, complimentary Wi-Fi, bed lamps for easy reading, coffee and tea-makers, irons and sundry items. The rooms are supplied with branded Travaasa® robes and complimentary light refreshments.
Guests can choose between Hacienda rooms, which include flat-screen TVs, or spa Casita rooms, which are ideal for unplugging, and are furnished with yoga mats and stretching ropes. All guest rooms offer a deck or patio.
Additionally, guests enjoy access to:
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner in Jean’s Kitchen
- Casual dining and mid-day snacks at The Spur
- The Spa at Travaasa Austin
- A yoga studio overlooking the Hill Country
- Agave Fitness Center
- An infinity-edge pool, whirlpool hot tub, sundeck and sauna
- On-property stables
- The Prickly Pear Challenge Course
Meetings: Travaasa® Austin is an ideal venue for retreats and meetings with over 6,700 square feet of indoor and 9,000 square feet of outdoor unique, flexible space. Meetings and event planners can choose from a variety of settings ranging from traditional ballroom style spaces, with state-of-the-art audio/visual equipment, to a comfortable parlor setting with cozy couches and wrap-around porch. The property also features multiple outdoor spaces, such as the beautiful Soldago Gardens, which offers private outdoor event space and a spacious handcrafted wood and stone structure.
Activities: Travaasa® Austin offers programming which focuses on the five core pillars of experiences: adventure, culinary, culture, fitness and spa/wellness as well as private lessons.
- Adventure: With a focus on bringing back the simple pleasures of connecting with the outside world, Travaasa® Austin celebrates the outdoors with stables, hiking trails, a challenge course, geocaching, equine experiences, archery lessons and more.
- Culinary: Travaasa® Austin’s culinary team is passionate about using quality ingredients, supporting regional growers and enjoying food in good company. The experienced and knowledgeable staff provides hands-on programming that feeds guests senses including boutique chef’s dinners, nutrition and tasting series and courses on culinary skills and techniques.
- Culture: Travaasa® Austin immerses guests in the local culture of Texas, Austin and Hill Country. This allows for serendipitous moments that refresh, renew and challenge. Guests participate in programs that enhance creativity, educate about local ecology, showcase area artists including musicians, and provide an opportunity for storytelling and fireside chats.
- Fitness: Offering a variety of fitness courses, Travaasa® Austin promotes strengthening of the body while having fun. Classes focus on balance, posture, core work and flexibility, and include yoga, Zumba, Barre and simplified fitness.
- Spa/Wellness: The Spa at Travaasa® Austin goes far beyond pampering and indulgence. The treatments reflect a passion for, and knowledge of, the human body and the ability of plants and essential oils to naturally treat, heal and revitalize the soul. The spa offers an array of massages, healing rituals, body treatments and personalized services, using only organic, bioenergetic products, including the Primavera and Anakiri skin care lines. The Spa also offers meditation and breath work courses in addition to a mini-med school series.
Dining: Travaasa® Austin provides fresh, organic, farm-to-table style cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner daily in Jean’s Kitchen. Chef Benjamin Baker uses locally sourced produce, meat, fish and dairy to create flavorful, healthful meals with a Texas Fusion flare. Menus are updated on a quarterly basis to reflect the changing seasons and rotate on a daily basis over a seven-day period. Guests can make new friends at the Community Table or dine on lighter fare including snacks, coffee and smoothies in The Spur.
Travaasa® Austin’s wine list mirrors Travaasa’s® environmental values by featuring organic, biodynamic and sustainable wines made by boutique producers, while also showcasing wines from some of Texas’s finest wine producers. The beer offering is similar, featuring many of Texas’s great craft brewers and imported organic brews.
Green Features: Travaasa® Austin is a proud winner of Treehugger’s 2010 Best of Green Award for “best resort.” The property’s green features focus on sustainable site selection, water efficiency, energy efficiency, sustainable materials and indoor environmental quality. This includes:
- Eco-friendly techniques implemented throughout daily operation, including waste minimization, reuse and recycling of all possible materials, composting, local and organic food sourcing, recycled paper product usage, and sustainability education
- Preservation of land: only 34 acres are developed out of the 210 acre property.
- Utilization of recycled materials, renewable resources and energy-efficient utility systems, many of which were locally acquired during construction
- Low-emission building materials
- Rainwater storage for irrigation
- Xeriscaping utilizing native drought- and pest-resistant plants
- Low-flow water fixtures on all faucets on property
Destination: Whether it’s known for the live music, environmentally-friendly atmosphere or endless barrage of nationally-recognized restaurants and bars, Austin has become the ideal home to many different types of people. The never-ending list of festivals, boutique shops, beautiful parks and art galleries create a constant stream of happenings that all have something for everyone, maintaining Austin’s reputation as the most dynamic city in Texas.
Travaasa® Austin offers two pricing options:
The “Your Travaasa®” package includes accommodations, complementary access to a robust schedule of daily programming, and a la carte meals, spa services, and private lessons. “Your Travaasa®” rates vary based on length of stay and begin at $163 per person, per night.**
“Total Travaasa®” is for guests who would like the convenience of unlimited access to all of the resort’s amenities and programming within a single package rate; the Total Travaasa® plan includes accommodations, three meals daily, unlimited snacks, access to all of the property’s experiential activities, and a daily $125 credit good toward a spa treatment or round of golf. “Total Travaasa®” rates vary based on length of stay and begin at $313 per person, per night.**
**Rates do not include taxes and a daily 18% resort fee. Booking a minimum of three nights results in a savings of at least $150 per room.