5031 Hāna Highway
Hāna, Maui, HI 96713
Opening Date: June 2011
Telephone: 855.TO.TRAVAASA (855.868.7282)
General Manager: Danny Mynar
Senior Director of Spas: Maggie Wagner
Executive Chef: Barry Villiarimo
Profile Setting: Travaasa® Hāna, Maui, formerly the iconic Hotel Hāna-Maui, is located in a picturesque oceanfront setting in the small rural community of Hāna on Maui’s secluded eastern shore. Located at the end of the famous Road to Hāna, the original property opened in 1947 and became a favorite retreat for generations of travelers seeking barefoot elegance, unspoiled natural beauty and a Hawaiian sense of place. Travaasa® Experiential Resorts’ philosophy is to provide an escape for those looking to experience something new, enrich their lives and immerse themselves in local traditions, which mimics the hotel’s original intention. Today, Travaasa® Hāna, Maui incorporates local and regional elements while encompassing the brand’s five pillars: adventure, culinary, culture, fitness and spa/wellness.
Overview: Travaasa® Hāna, Maui features 70 cottages and suites, a wellness spa, locally-sourced dining and extensive programming highlighting Hawaii’s rich cultural heritage.
Accommodations: Accommodations at Travaasa® Hāna, Maui consist of 47 plantation-style Sea Ranch Cottages and 23 low-rise bungalow Garden View Suites. All guestrooms feature organic linens and pampering amenities. To enjoy the comforting sounds of nature, the rooms are free from radios, clocks and televisions.
The exclusive Sea Ranch Cottages are generously sized with high wood-beamed ceilings, interior ceiling fans and cooling tropical trade winds. All feature private lanais, many with private hot tubs. The minimum age requirement for Sea Ranch Cottage guests is 16-years-old.
Garden View Suites are oversized junior suites featuring a relaxing sitting area, wet bar and view of a private enclosed garden with native Hawaiian flora.
The hotel offers numerous complimentary guest activities to Travaasa® All-Inclusive Sea Ranch guests; among them daily shuttle services to Hāmoa Beach, yoga, Pilates, bicycle tours and rentals, lei making, hula lessons, horseback riding, and other guided excursions. Several of these activities are also complimentary to other Sea Ranch and Garden Suite guests.
Activities:Travaasa® Hāna, Maui offers programming which focuses on the five core pillars of experiences: adventure, culinary, culture, fitness and spa/wellness as well as private lessons.
- Adventure: With a focus on bringing back the simple pleasures of connecting with the outside world, Travaasa® Hāna, Maui celebrates the outdoors with throw net fishing, coastal horseback rides, archery, bicycle tours, and more.
- Culinary: Travaasa® Hāna, Maui’s culinary team is passionate about using quality ingredients, supporting regional growers and enjoying food in good company. The experienced and knowledgeable staff provides hands-on programming that feeds guests’ senses including boutique chef dinners, nutrition and tasting series and courses on culinary skills and techniques.
- Culture: Travaasa® Hāna, Maui immerses guests in the local culture of Hāna and Hawai‘i. This allows for serendipitous moments that refresh, renew and challenge. Guests participate in programs that enhance creativity and educate about local traditions such as hula, lei making, ukulele lessons and historical tours of Hāna.
- Fitness: Offering a variety of fitness courses, Travaasa® Hāna, Maui promotes strengthening of the body while having fun. Classes focus on balance, posture, core work and flexibility. Available fitness sessions include yoga, Barre fitness, martial arts, coastal workouts and simplified fitness.
- Spa/Wellness: The Spa at Travaasa® Hāna, Maui goes far beyond pampering and indulgence. The treatments reflect a passion for, and knowledge of, the human body and the ability of plants and essential oils to naturally treat, heal and revitalize the soul. The spa offers an array of massages, healing rituals, body treatments and personalized services, using only organic, bioenergetic products, including Amala skin care line. The Spa also offers meditation and breath work courses in addition to traditional lomilomi massage techniques for an overall holistic approach to wellness that embraces a harmony with the legendary healing energy of Hāna.
Awards & Accolades: The AAA Four Diamond Hotel was recently rated the No. 1 Hawai‘i Hotel in the 2011 Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards Poll, and No. 58 in the world. The Spa at Travaasa® Hāna, Maui was also named the No. 1 Resort Spa in Hawai‘i by Condé Nast Traveler in 2011. Travel + Leisure identified the hotel as the No. 5 Hotel in Hawai‘i on its “World’s Best Awards 2011” list.
Spa: The Spa at Travaasa® Hāna, Maui, overlooking Hāna Bay and historic Ka‘uiki Hill, is a one-of-a-kind indoor and outdoor wellness center. All nine treatment rooms feature natural florals and Hawaiian style decor. Spa facilities include an outdoor lava rock whirlpool, indoor and outdoor relaxation areas, a private garden, steam rooms and cold plunge pools.
Dining: The Ka‘uiki dining room showcases ocean-to-table cuisine and fresh organic fare, with the majority of the produce, fish and beef on the menu sourced from Hāna and the island of Maui. Executive Chef Barry Villiarimo, who was born and raised in Hāna, utilizes ingredients like taro, breadfruit, sweet potatoes, coconut milk and fern shoots in his menus to honor how native Hawaiians, who depended on the mountains and ocean for food, ate.
Destination Activities: Travaasa® Hāna, Maui is located at the end of the famous Road to Hāna, one of America’s most beautiful drives. The recently redone 54-mile road takes approximately two hours to complete from Kahului. Nearby points of interest are Hāmoa Beach, Ka‘eleku Caverns, Kahanu Botanical Gardens, ‘Ohe‘o Gulch, Charles Lindbergh’s grave, Waimoku Falls, Hāna Cultural Center and Haleakalā National Park.
Travaasa® Hāna, Maui provides two different packages, allowing guests to design their perfect Travaasa® (rates are per person, per night based on double occupancy):
The “Your Travaasa®” package includes accommodations, complementary access to a robust schedule of daily programming, and a la carte meals, spa services, and private lessons. “Your Travaasa®” rates vary based on length of stay and begin at $200 per person, per night in the Garden View Suites; $225 per person, per night in the Sea Ranch Cottages.**
“Total Travaasa®” is for guests who would like the convenience of and unlimited access to all of the resort’s amenities and programming within a single package rate; the Total Travaasa® plan includes accommodations, three meals daily, unlimited snacks, access to all of the property’s experiential activities, and a daily $125 credit that may be used towards spa services or select off-property activities and excursions. “Total Travaasa®” rates vary based on length of stay and begin at $425 per person, per night in the Garden View Suites; $450 per person, per night in the Sea Ranch Cottages.**
**Rates do not include taxes and a daily 18% resort fee. Booking a minimum of three nights results in a savings of at least $150 per room.
Regional Media Inquiries:
Rebecca Pang – Rebecca.firstname.lastname@example.org / 808.539.34245