- Press Room
- Press Room
- Media Resources
- Brand Press Kit
- Austin Press Kit
- Hāna Press Kit
Tag Archives: Travaasa® Austin
AUSTIN, TX (January 23, 2013) – Travaasa® Experiential Resorts, a growing collection of destination resorts and spas, proudly announces the appointment of Adam Cormany as Director of Food & Beverage at Travaasa® Austin. Specializing in locally infused, experiential travel, the brand’s portfolio currently includes two properties: Travaasa® Austin, opened in May 2011, and Travaasa® Hana, Maui, opened June 2011.
As Director of Food & Beverage, Cormany will oversee Travaasa® Austin’s well-rounded culinary program, which takes a farm-to-table approach to dining, using quality, seasonal ingredients with a focus on supporting regional growers. He will also oversee Travaasa® Austin’s beverage program, featuring organic, biodynamic and sustainable wines made by boutique producers, wines from some of Texas’ finest wine producers, beers from some of Texas’ great craft brewers, and imported organic brews.
“We are thrilled to welcome Adam to our team,” says Chris Manning, Co-Founder and President of Travaasa® Experiential Resorts. “Given his extensive experience in the food & beverage and hospitality industry, we are confident Adam will ensure that guests have memorable culinary experiences and depart Travaasa® Austin nourished and renewed.”
Cormany brings 12 years of food & beverage and hospitality experience to his new role at Travaasa® Austin. Prior to his experience at Travaasa® Experiential Resorts, Cormany served as Food & Beverage Outlets Manager for Lakeway Resort and Spa, located in Austin, Texas, where he oversaw the operation of five dining outlets. Cormany also served as Outlets Manager for DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Austin, where he oversaw all food & beverage directorial duties involving outlet operations. Cormany attended the University of Alaska and resides in Austin, Texas.
We’re proud to share some of the highlights:
- JustLuxe.com journalist, Lena Katz, was inspired by the Travaasa® Experiential Resorts philosophy on a recent visit to Travaasa® Austin. In this piece, Lena profiles our very own Co-Founder, Joy Berry: “Emerging Hoteliers Out to Change the Lodging Game – Joy Berry of Travaasa”
- Glamour.com loved our mechanical bull fitness class included it in in a post for the outlet’s daily health and workout blog, Vitamin G: “Yee Haw! Would You Work Out on a… Mechanical Bull?”
- MSN’s fitness outlet, Fitbie.com was inspired by the unique Travaasa® activities and programming and interviewed Kristine Huffman, Director of Programming for this piece on inspired workouts. “Old-World Calorie Burners – Get fit with these Game of Thrones-inspired workouts”
- TravelandLeisure.com included Travaasa® Hana, Maui in the publication’s list of “Best Hotels in Hawaii” highlighting the top properties throughout the islands.
- The publication also included Travaasa® Austin in its list of “America’s Best All-Inclusive Resorts” highlighting the top hassle free vacations in the country.
Thank you to all of our guests that have become our fans and supporters!
Join us on June 30th and July 4th at Travaasa® Austin for food, wine, and fun to celebrate America’s day of independence. Enjoy a red, white and blue themed menu created by Travaasa Austin’s Executive Chef Ben Baker that not only tastes delicious but has a patriotic feel to it. Come for the dinner and then stay for the night.
We will also be offering our “Red, White & Blue Sangrias” throughout the week of the 4th (June 30th–July7th). We have teamed up with Cinco Vodka® to keep things fresh, local and lively. Our recipes will include fresh fruit, juices and herbs, champagne, Grand Marnier and, of course, Cinco Vodka distilled from 100% American Wheat and made right here in central Texas.
Blue corn crusted soft shell blue crab, Buena Tierra watermelon- rosie basil relish, red hot Chile de Arbol remoulade, Bella Verdi Farms butter leaf lettuce
Radicchio and cherry salad, Texas grapefruit citronette, shaved Parmesan Reggiano
McCall Creek Farms Ruby heirloom tomato tart, baby lettuces, Texas goat cheese
Gulf caught red drum veronique, red grape-chocolate mint buerre blanc
Texas raised Black Angus tenderloin, crawfish sauce
Stuffed red bell with achiote quinoa, and grilled tomatillo-sweet corn relish
Home-spun blueberry sherbet
Fresh Strawberry Pie
Texas cheese cake with fresh raspberry compote
For reservations please call: 1-855-868-7282 or visit www.travaasa.com/austin